1 x pack Oddpods chickpeas
1 x red onion (chopped)
Half a leek (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 carrot (chopped)
3 sticks celery (sliced)
Handful of fresh parsley, stalks and leaves chopped separately
4 x fresh plum tomatoes (cut into chunks)
1 potato (cut into chunks)
1 litre vegetable stock
2 handfuls spinach
2 slices of bread, torn into chunks
1 parmesan rind
Handful of rosemary (chopped)
1 x lemon (juice & zest)
- Heat a little oil in a sauce-pan, and fry the red onion, parsley stalks, garlic, celery, leek & carrot on a low heat until sweet and caramelised, around 20 minutes.
- Add the potato, the fresh tomatoes, and cook for another 10 minutes until the tomatoes can be squashed a little. You should have a sort of sofrito, an Italian base of goodness, which looks quite dry, which is a good thing since it is full of flavour.
- Add in the vegetable stock, parmesan rind, a small amount of salt and pepper, the oddpods chickpeas and chopped rosemary and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust the seasoning,
- When ready to serve, add the spinach, fresh parsley and ladle into bowls.
- Top with chunks of bread, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon juice & some lemon zest.