1 Pack of ODDPODS Chana Dal
1tbsp Olive oil
5 Sprigs of thyme
2 Red peppers, diced
2 Onions, medium, diced 2tbsp
3tbsp Parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Pack ready-to-use shortcrust pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Put a medium sized saucepan on the stove, over a medium to high heat.
3. Add olive oil to the saucepan and allow to heat.
4. Sweat off the thyme, onion and pepper, until they become translucent but not browned.
5. Stir in the tomato paste, then cook out for two minutes.
6. Stir in the pack of ODD PODS Chana Dal, until all ingredients are combined.
7. Blitz down 1/3 of the lentil mix, then combine together with the remaining 2/3.
8. Stir in the parsley. Taste, add salt and/or pepper if needed.
9. Roll out pastry over tart case, then prick the base with a fork.
10. Fill the tart case with the lentil mixture.
11. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.