Recipe by @hildurrutingimars
2 butternut squash
Olive oil to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
½ teaspoon dried sage
1 small onion, small
6 medium mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, crushed or grated
1 teaspoon dried and sage
Crumbled feta cheese to taste
2 tbsp pistachio kernels , finely chopped
Rocket, olive oil and feta to serve
Method- Cut the butternut squash in half and peel the seeds. Cut slits in them and spread olive oil, sage, salt and pepper.
Bake the pumpkin in the oven for 40 minutes at 200°C
- Cut onions and mushrooms into small pieces and fry in olive oil together with garlic.
- Add chickpeas, sage, salt and pepper. Mix everything well.
- Scrape a little hole out of the squash to make room for the filling. Fill each squash half with quinoa, the chickpea mixture, mashed feta cheese and finely chopped pistachio kernels.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 200°C.
- Top with rocket, a drizzle of olive oil and more crumbled feta cheese. Dig in and enjoy!