1 Pack of ODDPODS Gungo Split Peas
100ml Olive oil
4 Shallots, sliced
1tbsp Ginger paste
1tbsp Garlic paste
1tsp Ground coriander
1tsp Chilli powder
1tsp Garam masala
1 Pint water
10 Mint leaves, roughly chopped
1. Place a medium sized saucepan on the stove top, over a medium to high heat.
2. Put half of the olive oil in the saucepan and allow to heat through.
3. Take half of the sliced shallots and place in to the saucepan, stir until browned. This should take no more than five minutes, do not allow to burn.
4. Blitz the shallots and put to one side.
5. Put the saucepan back on the stove top and pour in the remaining olive oil. Allow to heat.
6. Add the other half of the shallots and sweat, until they become translucent but not browned.
7. Put in ginger and garlic pastes, turmeric, ground coriander, chilli powder and garam masala, stir together and cook until the masala has darkened in colour.
8. Stir in the ODDPODS Gungo Split Peas.
9. Stir through the water, then simmer and reduce by half.
10. Stir in the mint and serve.