Recipe by @Zarskitchen
150g Baby carrots
4 Endives sliced into quarters
Cherry tomatoes quartered
200g Oddpds Gungo Split Peas
5 cloves garlic crushed
1½ Lemons juice and 1 Lemon zest
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
10 Curry leaves
250 ml Olive oil plus more for drizzling
80 ml Water
Salt and Pepper
3 Shallots sliced into wedges
3 tbsps Olive oil
2 tbsps Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 220℃
- Place endives and carrots on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Roast about 15 minutes until cooked and slightly charred but still firm enough to hold and dip, set aside
- In a saucepan on medium heat, dry toast the curry leaves, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds for a minute until fragrant, set aside.
- On another baking tray, toss the shallots with olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper, and roast in the oven until crisp and golden.
- In a food processor, whizz together the guno split peas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, water, and the dry toasted spices.
- Add more water until the gungo split pea dip is to your desired consistency
- Taste and add more salt or lemon if desired
- Place dip on a serving plate with roasted carrots, endives, cherry tomatoes, and caramelized shallots
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and serve immediately.