- 1 packet of Split Pigeon Peas
- 1 tsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp each of chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 200ml water
- 50g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, on a medium heat, sweat the onions and 1 green chilli in the vegetable oil.
- Add the spices, tomatoes and a splash of water to loosen anything that has stuck to the pan.
- Add the lentils to the pan, coat and add another splash of water to simmer the lentils and tomatoes.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes
- Serve with fresh green chilli and coriander scattered over the top.